Monday, March 15, 2010

Like a krazy blue monster....



C is NOT for cookie...and it's NOT good enough for me! (One cookie is never enough anyway...)
 C is for I CAN'T stop eating today....


For some reason on Sunday's I want to eat everything in sight. It's really the only day of the week that I cook a decent large meal and we all sit down as a family together (with Husband included because he works every night). Obviously  I do eat with the kids most nights, but the convo around the dinner table isn't as stimulating as it could be with a 4 year old and an 18 month old that has 20 words or so in his vocab. (Don't worry little guy, soon enough you'll be driving Mama krazy with your endless ramblings just like your big brother.)   And as much as I hate to admit it, I way too often default to serving easy and crappy kid-friendly foods. During the week I don't really want to eat mac and cheese or chicken fingers (well I DO but for the sake of the size my rear-end I forgo and opt for some fish/chicken/salad/boring healthy stuff.)  I often force offer these healthy choices to my kids too. BUT on Sundays I seem to eat like it's my last day on earth and I just might never have another soothing refreshing glass of Sauvignon Blanc again. Where does my will power and resolve go? To hell and fast.  I am a firm believer in the 80/20 rule and that while it's important to eat well/clean/healthy throughout the week, on the weekend one can indulge. But my indulgence goes "off the reservation" and over a cliff! What's the point of being "good" and starving eating with moderation when it all goes out the window at the end of the week?

It's like a krazy switch goes off in my head, it's Sunday so MORE is BETTER!  It sometimes takes days to undo the damage from Sunday. It's not like I'm eating mountains of Chinese food or pizza...it's just good, home-made food. BUT JUST SO MUCH.  I am self sabotaging "Massive Weight Loss 2010".  At this rate it WILL be 2012 before I knock off these last 10 el-beees.  Kid #2 is 18 months old and the "I had a baby and that's why I'm still kinda heavy" schtick is getting old fast. I'm in a vicious cycle of  going up and down on the scale throughout the week. WHY WHY WHY is losing the last 10 pounds SO HARD?!?!?!  And why do I eat Cookie Monster stylez on Sunday?

Photobucket


20 comments:

Irene Blushing Loves said...

Some people say that this is good thing to do!!!Cause you activate your metabolism!!!Soo its not that bad!See???

Stephanie said...

so funny! I do that too. i am obsessed with all things chocolate!

Tracie said...

My 'baby' is 7. I think that excuse has expired for me too.

Blair @ Reasonably Swanky said...

We all have days like this....you are too funny! I could eat cookies and only cookies everyday for the rest of my life...

xo
Blair

Sierra said...

BK was feeding my chips this weekend so I understand your eating frenzy. Sometimes we just gotta indulge. Maybe go for a jog to make up for it? Ha ha, I always attempt to do that but it's hard after yumminess on the weekend!

bananas. said...

you can't be that bad. my bf will make cookies. the most i can eat is 3 and the rest he will devour in the blink of an eye. not even exagerating.

Nina said...

I can so relate! I was the same way over the weekend ... now I can't seem to stop the binging. Grr!

Angela said...

I ate a whole roll of Girl Scout chocolate thin mint cookies. Yikes lots of running tomorrow. But, those cookies were soooo good.

Alicia said...

oh lady....i know what you mean... sunday night is like the last supper over here... we chow down!!! but you look fabulous so stop worrying about a few lb's!!

OneCraftyFox said...

I'm seeing so many cookie monster posts, now I feel like baking! Actually that's not true. I just feel like eating cookies. Pre-baked. Takes the work off my hands :)

Jennifer Fabulous said...

The best thing to do is keep going forward. Even when you fall off the wagon for a weekend. At least that's what I tell myself. ;)

I know how you feel though. I gained 20 pounds in the past two years and I have NOT been able to lose it. Torture. :( Sigh.

I hope you are having a wonderful week! xoxo

Jen said...

Girl, you are so funny! I love reading your posts. But hang in there. You have the drive and motivation to keep going. We've all been there and know how difficult it is. Hang in there girl, hang in there!

Nathalie said...

Haha, I love how you wrote this. I also love eating on Sundays as I think it is important to take a day off from having a bad conscious and I think you mustn't be too hard with yourself. Enjoy the sundays
*Nathalie

Lindsey said...

I am up and down on the scale too!! So annoying!!!

Honey B. said...

Its a sickness....a Sunday cookie sickness!!

Loukia said...

Hey, my youngest is 2 years old and only now I've started going back to the gym! ;) And trust me, I'm totally in love with food. I've given up carbs - yet again - for me, it's the quickest (perhaps not the best!) way to lose the pounds... good luck to you!

Connie K said...

I always seem to get off track on the weekends !! LOL . So come by my blog i have an award for you sweetie :)

Tina said...

I gave you an award! Have a good day! :)

Megan said...

It's so great to see that other people have the same problem with Sunday that I do :) To me it's a free for all when it comes to food! And sadly I end up regretting it on Monday :( And then I work off all the extra cals all week just to replay the whole thing all again the next Sunday. it's horrible!! And your kids sound adorable :)

Love

Meg

www.strawberriesandlace.blogspot.com

Ela said...

Don't feel bad hon, your Sunday is my everyday. Gotta get myself in check. I feel sluggish when I eat like that all the time, but it's just so darn good.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails