Monday, December 14, 2009

Bitches be Shoppin' !!!.....for make-up

So Saturday nite was BFF's birthday and she thought it might be fun if we all (me, her and other BFF) went to MAC to have our make-up done since we were going out of drinks and dinner.  When I first moved to Calgary 15 years ago MAC was fairly new, well newer, new to me anyway.  I decided to go for a make-up consultation/application and get myself skooled on how to do my make-up properly.  It was then that I learned how completely necessary decent eye make-up is.  I feel pretty good about my make-up app. technique and try to stay open minded to new ideas. I totally lurve watching make-up tutorials on YouTube..(yes it's kinda lame) but so informative!!   I'll admit I was a bit skeptical going to MAC on Saturday, thinking what could they do for me that I don't already know.  Well, live and learn.  They are called make-up 'artists' for a reason I suppose...and she gave me a great smokey eye, great black liner and some fabulous #3 falsies (lashes that is...)  
False lashes are life-changing, I've been rockin' them for a few months now. Creates total drama for the eyezzz!!!    And Kim Kardashian is the QUEEN of lashes (and an overall goddess of beauty)!



Look at those eyes!!     I heart Kim K.....


So I brought my list of product that I needed and decided to stock up. For shadows I picked up Typograph...an awsome black matte.  Dazzlelight...great for a shimmery highlight on your brow bone and Swiss Chocolate...a delicious brown for great natural eye. 



Fab  #3 lashes....long, full and natural looking



Mineralize blush in Warm Soul
(soft pink)




Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, gives low coverage with a natural-matte finish
(was worried that the powder would settle into the fine lines around my eyes, didn't want to look like a hag...but this wasn't a prob)

So the total came to just under $130, but I had a $10 discount card thing and I had a mountain of HBC Rewards (from the Bay) saved up and I redeemed a few thousand. I've been saving for years (since we were married) and it's not like I'm going to redeem them for a toaster, cordless phone or some other crappy household item I already have and don't need.  Soooo when it was all said and done I only dropped $9.95.  What, what!!!   I know, right?!





1 comment:

Blair @ Reasonably Swanky said...

I love KK, she is gorgeous. I wish my make-up looked like hers...daily. I love MAC, sounds like a fun night! My close friend is a make-up artist for MAC and I am dying to have her do my make-up Friday night for my work Christmas party!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails