Monday, December 7, 2009

Time to Par-tay!

So I dont' really have any true Christmas parties to attend the season, but I do have a 2 birthday parties/get togethers, a bridal shower-cocktail party and a wedding on New Years Eve.  I totally lurve this time of year and all the get togethers that go along with it. What I don't like is the total conflict it creates with Massive Weight Loss 2009.  Of course when going to parties, enjoying drinks and food in moderation is always the key..blah blah blah. They say to eat a snack before you go, limit yourself to 2 drinks etc. But SERIOUSLY is this realistic? no.  My strategy,,,whether it's what's best for me or not, is to stay on plan and eat as healthy, clean and within my calories/points during weekdays as much possible. Unfortunately when I'm in a social situation with lots of yum-o food and drinks is when the wheels fall off!!!  I'm a food quantity person and moderation is always something that I've stuggled with. I suppose my mindset now-a-days is the 80/20 rule...being "good" 80% of the time...and allow myself to "indulge" the other 20%.  NOW in theory that works well when you are maintaining a goal weight..but I'm still losing and unfortunately it slows the weight loss wayyyyyy down.   Yes losing slowly is a good thing,,,but I've been dieting for a year straight and would really like to be done with it already. Maintenance is something I'm fairly good at...it's the losing part that's the struggle.
As I raise a glass of Champers this New Years Eve, I'll be toasting to a healthy, skinny 2010..with hopefully no new lbs gained over the holiday season. Gonna try my best to balance the bad eating with the good.... because afterall balance is everything.


1 comment:

OceanDreams said...

You can do it! I hope it goes well for you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails